Saturday, April 11, 2009

Palm Sunday and Easter Party

I am a little behind in my blogging due to a black screen on my computer. Sid brought home an extra laptop from work so I am trying to get caught up.
Anywho- last Sunday the children went up on stage at church carrying their palm leaves and singing Josanna. It was adorable. As usual Grace was more fascinated with what was going on behind her. Her good friend RyRy is looking forward and at the camera. Right before she went on stage, Grace ran into a coat hook on the wall and earned a huge goose-egg on her head. She rallied though and I was very proud of her. She sometimes does not recover well from minor injuries.

After church Isaac plays in the newly laid mulch. We completely gave up trying to keep it neat. I think all of our neighbors benefited from his fascination with it.
On Monday of this week Grace and Isaac hosted their second annual egg hunt. All of the mom's from my Bible study came over with their rugrats. It was pretty stormy out so most of the party was indoors...we did pretty well keeping the peace. Though I can't necessarily say that about the mess.
Isaac and Pierce enjoy a cupcake-ice cream cone topped with raspberries and strawberries. I know- I am not sure what I was thinking on that one.


All of the kids painted egg cartons and decorated caterpillars. They loved the painting and putting on the stickers. The moms finished up the eyes and antennas to complete the look.



Finally there was a break in the weather. The Easter Bunny found time to put out about 150 eggs, we put rain boots on the kids and let 'em go! In this picture is Jonathan, Pierce, Mikayla, John Paul, Grace, and Marcel. There were a few more kiddos running around somewhere.




Grace and Jonathan took the hunt very seriously

Uh- so did Isaac.



Grace and Mikayla were disappointed when all of the eggs had been found. They decided to put out some more and then go and find them. It was extremely challenging.



Isaac finally catches on. Kind of.


But then he saw the mud pit behind the new fire pit in the back and he and Marcel had a grand time. And why not- all egg hunts should end with Biz and OxyClean.

No comments: