Friday, July 9, 2010

Hot in July

It has been crazy hot over the last week. We have been at the pool- but also doing lots of inside activities as Leah can only handle so much. Last weekend Grace and Isaac both started jumping/diving off of the diving board. Grace is a fantastic swimmer and she jumps in. Isaac cannot swim and he dives in...with Daddy there to catch him. This was taken on Wednesday- we played inside this day. We took the kids to see the Durham Bulls Minor League Baseball game on Monday night. They love going to the games. Grace will not leave her seat. Leah was very interested too... And tons of cotton candy always makes things more interesting. I love when they play with their toes. I have a picture of all three of them holding on to their piggies. When we bought the playset 4 years ago I would have called BS if you'd said to me that my own children would someday fill all three swings. How wonderful. These are my tomatoes. I am almost ready to pick my first one. The contraption they are growing in is called the Earth Box and it's amazing. Strawberry shortcake is better when eaten as a finger sandwich. Thank you to Grandpa there was a good hour of entertainment b/c of his thoughtful gift of silly string.
I hate to provide so much explanation for a video- but I must. First, unfortunately you can hardly hear a sound- we were in the garage with a fan on b/c it was so hot and the fan drowned out much of the sound. Truly disappointing b/c the songs that the kids made up are funny. I have no idea what Isaac is singing about but his body language is funny. Grace is singing about God. And her body language is just so "Grace." Her song says things like " I love my God!" "I pray to my God!" it is funny- trust me.

2 comments:

Willie Style said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willie Style said...

Nice video!!

But more on the photo of Isaac, whom you mentioned is swimmingly challenged, diving into the pool...he dives, but cannot swim! That is fearless!!!

-Uncle Will