Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to our littliest princess!

There is a small part of me that feels I should apologize for blogging so infrequently- but life just happens. The good news is that I finally got my computer back on Friday so now I am willing to download pictures. The really good news is that my kids seem to be getting better now that all three are finishing up their antibiotics. Yes, all three were on antibiotics at the same time. Grace and Leah had sinus inf with double ear infections and Isaac had (and still has) a sinus infection with a terrible cough. Isaac is strangely resistant to antibiotics even though he has only been on them 3 or 4 times in his life. It has been a long 3 weeks with all of them pretty sick. Of course I am now sick for lack of sleep. There was at least a straight week where I averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night. It was awful. I am so tired of cold/flu season. My kids have been almost constantly sick for 3 months. You would never know that they are not in daycare (Leah is not even in preschool) and were all breastfed babies. On the bright side my kids don't have allergies...so I do have that going for me. Anyway, we are all tired and just trying to recover.


Fortunately we have had Leah's 1st birthday to get ready for and look forward to. Grace and I have been working diligently on the princess theme that Grace deemed suitable weeks ago. All I am going to say is tiaras, pink feather boas, and pink, pink, pink! Her birthday and party were yesterday. Leah had to have her own personal ball pit for the party and she did enjoy it. The big kids had a little too much fun and we finally had to cut them off. Nana and Aunt L came up for the big event. Thank goodness! I kept Nana busy with the big kids and put Aunt L on the decorating committee, pre-party. I don't know what I was doing...a little of everything and all of nothing!
Here is the beautiful dining room table complete with pink roses, carrot cake, cupcakes with princess atop, fruit tray, pretzels, chips/salsa, and peanut butter celery. Note the boa in the chandelier.

I had everyone autograph Leah's plate, and guess how many kisses were in the dish. Aunt L painted this beautiful picture of Leah's party invitation. It was amazing.



We had lots of fun drinks for all ages, confetti on the table and a pinata for color.


And here sits the princess's throne. Yes, her high chair has a pink cover and a skirt for the tray. We had to have the most adorable polk-a-dot balloons and her tiara awaits her on her tray.


This is the show-off table. I have her birthday pictures up next to an infant picture and of course her scrapbook which is almost completely up to date!


We started the party off with some yummy food from Moe's catering. It was a big hit and I will definitely use them again.



Then a little game of pin the tiara on the princess.



Then time for the big event. I made Leah a very special carrot cake cupcake-from scratch. Her FAVORITE! (and it really is her favorite- she loves carrot cake!)



Big brother helped to blow out the pink polk-a-dot candle.


And then she digs in with her birthday cake bib.


And then I added some heath bar ice cream and of course that was a huge hit too.


Oh ya.


My two princesses. Grace was all about wearing her tiara too.


Our next event was the pinata. You are probably thinking that this is a weird event for a 1 yr old's party...but just wait.

The one-yr-old loved it and was very upset when she had to take turns!
We ended up staying up way past bedtime. But a great time was had by all. Nana and Aunt L did all of the clean-up which was the best gift of all as I was pooped! Leah was by far the best behaved child and literally did not fuss one time. I am kind of sad that she is growing up so quickly...that they all are growing up so quickly. But I guess that is what happens.

No comments: