Monday, July 18, 2011

Has it already been a month since my last post?!

I really do not know where the summer has gone. We have been busy! Clear back in June we spent a long weekend in Albemarle with Nana. I drove the kids and Sid stayed in Raleigh and then Sid and I met up in Charlotte for a black tie event with his office. Nana had to keep all three of the kids over night! It was the first time I had ever left Leah over night and it was hard! Janice may never tell the full truth, but I know she was up many times through the night. Sorry Nana...welcome to my world! Anyway, Sid and I had a great time and we are thankful to Nana and Aunt L for taking such good care of our angels.



Upon arriving at Nana's Leah helps herself to a Gin and Tonic. Not really. But since there are no rules at Nana's house we just let the baby drink out of glasses.



Later Aunt L comes over and it looks like everyone is having a little wine!



It was hot out and so the slip and slide in the back yard was the perfect answer.



Leah does not like to share the hose- her clothes on the other hand are fair game.


And yes, she really is trying to spray Isaac. But of course he loves it!



Later Leah shares some love with Aunt L.



This is Sid and me all dolled-up at the event. I wore a navy dress and I loved it. Navy is my new color. I need to stand up straight. I am really working on that. I think when you are tall you tend to hunch over a little so that you don't tower over people, but here it looks like I am slouching. You know?


Sid and I took the kids to the zoo in Asheville on our way back to Raleigh. They didn't sleep well at Nana's so all three of them were extremely tired after 4 days of sleep deprivation- we almost left the zoo as soon as we arrived due to poor behavior. But a little game of stroller roller-coaster seemed to turn the morning around thanks to daddy!



Cute little head and big head.


I love this picture. Grace is helping Leah see the giraffes.

Good job big sister!



Daddy helps Isaac see the giraffes.




Family photo in front of the pregnant gorilla exhibit. And no- I am not referring to me.



Leah's first ride on the carousel.



No- we are not at the zoo. But Isaac's favorite place is Monkey Joe's and he LOVES Monkey Joe. Just had to include this photo.

No comments: