Thursday, May 22, 2008

Isaac is 6 months old!

Monday was Isaac's 6 month birthday. The past 6 months have gone by so quickly. I try to drink in as much baby as I possibly can. With Grace being almost three I know my days are limited where they just want their mommy. I am so thankful and blessed to be able to spend so much time with them in these precious early years. Isaac is getting huge. He weighs in at almost 20 lbs and 28 inches long. Grace was this big when she was 9 months old and she was considered huge too! His motor skills are pretty advanced too. He can completely sit-up now and is doing the inch-worm crawl. It may take him a while, but he can get where he wants to go. He also got some of his shots on Monday. We only did half of the vaccinations which amounted to two of the three shots. He still had a moderate reaction to the DTaP, but I felt much better than if he had gotten everything. We needed to give his immune system a break. We also started him on a daily nebulizer treatment of AstraZeneca to help with his coughing and wheezing. You would never know that he is having breathing problems as he is so happy and so big. Nothing slows him down. He has an appointment with a pediatric pulmonologist next month- a baby lung doctor. Hopefully he can help us strengthen his lungs and avoid asthma. Well, that's all with Zeic- more to come on his big sister next week...her last week as a 2 yr old pre-schooler. I know that I will have a tough time with this.









No comments: