Sunday, August 30, 2009

5k Fun Run

This morning we awoke at 8:35 for a 9:00 5k. Yes, we were late. So we jumped in and ended up running about 2.5 of the 3.2 miles. I felt like that was okay since we were pushing strollers and I am 4 months pregnant. I also had to pee the entire time and the baby is on my bladder-making things interesting. The kids were excited and loved watching all of the runners and the policemen directing traffic. Our Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Team sponsored the run to raise money for cancer research. Several people from Sid's office participated in the run too. Isaac and Grace sported our numbers and ate our pancake breakfast.

There was a 100-yard dash for 6yrs and under. Grace was ready.

She took off with a strong start.


She's focused and determined.




Tongue is out and her stride is long and strong. She finished easily. Honestly, I was so proud of her that I could hardly stand myself. Being a competitor and athlete myself I have always wondered how I would feel when faced with watching my own children compete. Would I want them to do better? Would I be satisfied with their performance? Would I wish it were me? Well the answer is I was thrilled with her performance and effort. I was living in the moment with her and could feel her excitement. It was wonderful.




No comments: