Monday, August 3, 2009

Hot, but kind of rainy-

So really, as a pregnant mother with two small children to keep up with, I cannot complain about the July/August temperatures. We have had some cool and rainy days consistently mixed in with the hot ones, and the hot ones haven't been that bad. Today was hot- right at 90 degrees, but not too humid. We decided to head out to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. I completely forgot that there is a new dinosaur exhibit and it was awesome! Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera, but I borrowed some photos from the website. At the end of the exhibit is a palaeontological dig site, complete with shovels, pails, and sifters. Isaac was in heaven. As we were eating lunch at the museum, there is a wonderful restaurant on-site, I was thanking God for my healthy children and for the ability to spend an afternoon at such a wonderful place. Both because we live in such a great city and because I have the privilege to stay home with my kids and take them to places like this whenever we feel like it.







On one of the rainy days, the kids stripped down to their underwear and played in the rain. Here, they are collecting water from the roof drain. The fun never ends.




Grace received a tiara making kit for her birthday. This is her first creation. It is a Jewel/sticker by number tiara and she did it all by herself.


On the hot days we eat popsicles all day. Sometimes little brother hitches a ride on the back of the trike. He is no dummy.

No comments: