Sunday, May 16, 2010

Summer is here and so it's TBall time!

And before we get to T-Ball- here is little miss Leah in her purple swimming pool. She was not 100% sure about the cool water, but her sweet personality humored me for a while. Her bathing suit is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
I know you did not miss those thighs. This is one healthy baby- no formula. I can only imagine how big she is going to get when we start her on solids!

So here we are at Grace's first T-Ball game. Isaac sported her pink helmet whenever possible.


Pre-game huddle. Grace's team (The Blue Claws) has two girls. Rumor has it that they are the only two girls in the league! Fine with us- we will show these boys how it is done.





This is Grace at bat. She hit it off of the Tee.... (note her pink helmet and cute little sport skirt)




....and she is off to first base. When I was in college I "umpired" this same age of t-ball. It is so cute b/c after the kids hit the ball they completely forget to run. They like to watch the ball.


Now she is rounding 3rd and about to head for home.


Upon arriving at home plate, her coach is waiting to give her "Five." She actually did not hit a home run. They let 7 kids bat and they only take one base at a time. Grace was the 7th batter so she got to go all the way around the infield.


Now Grace is at 1st base. This is one position that sees regular activity. Every inning each player tries out a different position.


She actually picked up a ball that was thrown to her and is now throwing it to her coach at home plate. Good form, eh?

Here Grace is backing up the second basemen...or something like that.


They both missed. So now comes the mad chase for the ball. I love this part.

Grace is the one squatting (she is #1). I am so proud of her for being aggressive.


And now for the pile-up. Rugby? Grace is right in there. Inevitably a coach has to come over and get everyone back on track. I really like her coach. He also has 3 kids. His two youngest are twin boys; both on the team.
In summary I am thrilled that Grace is playing T-ball. Softball was my favorite sport growing up and I just love watching the game. Grace really is having fun too. I like the coach and his wife (so far :-)) and I was a little concerned that they wouldn't be very "kid" friendly; but the coach is patient and realistic. Both qualities are needed when coaching or even being around pre-schoolers. Isaac loves hanging out with the players in the dugout- I have a feeling that he is going to be really good since he can already throw further than half of the kids on the team. I have met some new moms with babies and Sid is helping to coach and can't help but hang out in the dugout with the rest of the dads- there are even some UT fans on the team! So we are all finding this adventure quite entertaining.

No comments: