Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Teeth, Mischief, Jeeps, Baby Steps

Isaac has officially taken his first steps! He actually took them last week, by accident. But beginning yesterday his stepping has been deliberate and well-balanced. He had a 7-step run last night and then spent most of today practicing. It's only a matter of days/weeks at this point. When he learns a new skill he practices until it is mastered, and he seems to master things quickly. It's pretty exciting!
His teeth are growing in quite adorably. I kinda like him with choppers. I guess he thinks he's "big time" too b/c he absolutely refuses baby food now. Grace dropped the baby food at the same age.
He gets into EVERYTHING as depicted below. Grace was curious, but nothing like Isaac. He really can make a mess. Takes after his father.
Grace's black eye has almost completely gone away- there is only a slight discoloration now. Geez, that only took 3 weeks. My little princess is quite the bruiser.
Hammin' it up at the dinner table.
Grace is not afraid to get a little grease on her jammies. Anything to ride in the jeep just a little bit longer! She is pushing our neighbor, Carl, after they squeezed the last bit of juice out of the battery. By the way- Sid has declared that Isaac will not drive a pink jeep. So don't say I am the one who spoils him when he gets a blue jeep.
Choppers last week.
Choppers today.
"Oh- Hey mom! Just thought I would help myself to a little snack. Can I get you one too?"
"Oh- Hey Mom! I noticed that you were unloading the dishwasher so I thought I would help. These go on the floor, right?"

No comments: