Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soccer Season in full Swing!

Our neighbors Elizabeth and Lauren play soccer at the YMCA. Grace decided that she wanted to play too-she had no idea what soccer was. For that matter I don't know much about it either- but guess who is coaching Grace's team, the Goldfish? That's right- Coach Tory or "Ms. Tory" or "teacher" or "Mommy." I am having a blast! I have 8 3-yr-olds and several willing fathers who help me keep my sanity. Grace is REALLY good- there is one slight problem, she could care less. She prefers to eat snacks and drink juice boxes while the game is going on. It's actually kind of funny as about half of my team feels that way. I have 2 boys who love to play, one little boy who just does his own thing most of the time, and then 5 little girls. I chose purple for our team jersey because that is Grace's favorite color and since I am the coach I guess my kid gets special privileges. As it should be. I love coaching and cannot wait until t-ball, volleyball, and basketball. My poor children. Got to have a pink soccer ball! Did you know that soccer balls come in different sizes? Me neither.

Most parents obsess about their children staying away from the oven- not us- we encourage our children to play in it!

Grace and Lauren are both on purple teams and the number 2! What are the odds of that?



Grace even put on her flip-flops to be JUST like Lauren- who is 6 years old.Evan and Isaac lounge as they enjoy their popsicles. Taken this afternoon.




No comments: