Sunday, January 24, 2010

Our Princess Leah Has Arrived!

Our little angel arrived Friday night- and quite unexpectedly. As to not bore you with the details, all I will say is that by the time I was convinced that I was having "real" contractions we really had to get our behinds in gear. As usual, I went from 10 minutes apart to 4 minutes apart within 5 minutes. We finished packing, got Isaac into bed, our fabulous neighbor came over and put Grace to bed (and waited for Nana to arrive from Albemarle) and we were off to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 9:15 and had to wait in triage for a while. I was finally admitted and begging for pain meds. Also, as usual, they had a very hard time getting my IV started. So the long and short of is, I did finally get my epidural, and it was a good one (the other two didn't work with Grace and Isaac) and Leah was born about 25 min later. But even that 25 minutes of pain relief was so welcome and helped me relax and push just two times. I know, I know, I am very blessed. Here are her stats:
Birthday: Jan 22nd, 2010 11:11pm
8lbs 1oz
21 inches

This photo was taken right before we gave the kids a bath and put them to bed. I knew it was going to be my last evening with just the two of them.

Actually she weighed in at 8lbs and .5oz.


Here she is!
My fabulous doctor. Came in to deliver me and then got to go back home. Must be rough.


Here she is after her annoying bath and "assessment." We all knew that her lungs were in great shape!


Big brother and sister came to visit the next day. They are both enamored with her.

Nana and her granddaughters (and me.)


Isaac being Isaac.

Getting ready to go home. Daddy and Leah.

No comments: