Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ready for Leah!

We finally have the nursery ready; the bottles, nipples and pacifiers sterilized; the clothes, blankets, bibs and a million other things washed; the diapers stacked. But most importantly we have her bows. I ordered some off of eBay and they have finally arrived. So now, we are officially ready!
Her name is in lights in the kid's bathroom.

This is the same crib that both Grace and Isaac used. I still love it. Leah's room is done in lavender and green and it is such a settling nursery. The lavender is very calming. In her crib is the "nap nanny." Both Grace and Isaac slept for months in their bouncy seats, swaddled, which makes buckling them in difficult. But some wonderful mother invented the nap nanny which is a huge, ergonomically correct chair that is super soft and covered in the plushest of fabrics- so the babies can sleep upright and be buckled in. Love it already!


This is the artwork that inspired the color of the room. A 9-yr old cancer patient at Duke Children's Hospital made this and we bought it several years ago at a silent auction. It is my most favorite piece of art.




This is Leah's armoir. Sid, being the handy-man that he is, installed a pull-out table for the changing pad. The nursery is small and I didn't want anymore furniture in it. It works beautifully!



This is the rocking corner. Actually, we have a plush new chair ordered for the nursery- and it should be here next week (hopefully before the baby gets here!). The corner looks very "purply," but with the new creme-colored chair, I think it will tone down the lavender. The most special thing in this room is the little green basket on the night stand. It is full of books that Grace and Isaac chose and donated for Baby Leah. Some of them a 6th grader couldn't read, but it is the thought that counts. They were both very excited to donate something to her nursery.
As for me, I am doing really well and feeling good . No hurry to bring Leah into this world until she is ready. I am measuring a little small, and apparently have been for a while (though my doctors did a good job keeping this info a secret so I wouldn't worry) and so had an ultra-sound last week to make sure that Leah was growing. She looks great. She was right at 7 pounds (from what they can best guess) which is exactly average. So by the time she hits her due date she should be at least 7 1/2 pounds if not more. Yet another reason I am content with her "baking" a little longer. We are not sure why I am small (and yes I have gained plenty of weight!!!) but more than likely it is because I began this surprise pregnancy underweight and have been trying to play catch-up ever since. It was fun to have another ultra-sound this late in the game at 38 weeks. She was wide awake and kept putting her hand up to her mouth. She is definitely a girl and head down. She didn't appear to have a whole lot of hair- so I guess I won't pack any bows. Only 6 more days until my due date. My guess is that I will not go early, but by the way things are already looking, this will be a very fast delivery. My prayer is that we make it to the hospital. Seriously. Thanks to all for your love, support and prayers. We'll keep you posted!!!

1 comment:

tish said...

Hey girl!!! I am SO thrilled for you guys! I am really upset I did not get to make the little princess's first bows ;-) I will send her a little princess package when we get settled...we are homeless at the moment...God sold our house after 3 years and we have a week until we close on the new one...very exciting...I only knew about you being pregnant from your Christmas card...sorry mine is on the way...it got piled up in boxes and I found it the other day...I know...I am so organized!!! I love you gal and am so tickled for you all! Hugs to the kids and Sid...I will send her present as soon as I get out of boxes!!!