Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We Love Christmas Time!

I lOVE Christmas. And yes, I can truly say it is because our Savior was born to us. There is just no other way to explain the joy and spirit and fun of this season other than the explanation that our hearts, souls, and spirits know that the birth of a miracle is being celebrated. Blessedly, my 3-yr gets it too. She constantly talks about Baby Jesus and the manger. She loves Silent Night and Away In A Manger. I have been singing those songs to her year round since she was a newborn and so she knows the words and loves to sing them. We all have been busy putting up the decorations inside and out. Grace and Isaac point at the lights every where we go and think that the shopping malls are better than Disney World with all of their glory. Really, what is better than children, Jesus, and Christmas? Now, I will say that I could do without the sinus infection crud that has invaded our family; the outrageous lines at Michael's when all I need is a plate hanger for a non-Christmas plate; the extra traffic at the mall when I am just trying to get to the pediatrician's office; and the pressure to get the Christmas card out before the 24th- but other than that, I can't complain.

Our first seasonal event was 'An Evening with the Elves' at our favorite kids museum, Marbles. It was a charity event and it was a blast. Ton's of sugary, teeth-decaying treats, adult beverages, hot chocolate, dj (who played Rocky Top and I didn't even ask!!!), crafts and volunteers dressed up like Santa's Elves. (Oh- bonus- I won the door prize!- $100 gift certificate to a local jeweler)Grace and Isaac were in awe. Isaac danced the ENTIRE night. He was a hit. Grace found some friends and played for a while and then decided she needed to fill-up on crap before she lost the chance. We got home way past bedtime with two VERY tired children.
Family photo at the event. As you can see- the children were real happy about the photo.
Grace tearing up the dance floor.

Isaac tearing up the dance floor.


Isaac playing in the toddler grocery store. Apparently we are having sausage and artichokes for dinner. Yum?



Grace and Hayden posing in front of the tree.




The next day Grace and I met our friends, the Henderson family (RyRy and Kennedy in the photo with Grace), at a Habitat for Humanity House that our church is working on. We brought lunch, chili dogs, to the workers. A great way to kick off the holiday season. Grace still asks about this. She doesn't understand that somepeople do not have a house. I finally realized that she wasn't getting the part that they have a roof over their head for now, it's just that they are about to get a new one!


Saturday afternoon we headed out to choose a Christmas Tree. Isaac ate rocks instead.


Grace ate candy canes. Better choice if you ask me.

This is Grace and Isaac on Saturday morning opening the 25 presents that Aunt Hillary sent. Seriously, she did. The kids got the most beautiful and amazing Christmas books I have ever seen. We spend lots of time every day reading them. I love them too. We now have quite a collection. We are blessed.

No comments: