Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day #2- Tired Mom

So here we are on day 2 of my 30 day commitment. Before I get into the drama of the day- let's just take a minute to adore my precious baby Leah. I feel better already.
And now for Grace and Isaac. Grace has on the pink skirt standing towards the back. They were not fighting for the brief second of this particular camera shutter.

So anyway we went to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham today and enjoyed being outside in the 65 degree weather. The kids stopped fighting which was an added bonus. All was well until little Leah crawled into a fire ant hill. She sustained about 15 bites. I had some emergency meds with me b/c a similar thing happened to Isaac about a year ago. So I was able to stop the pain and swelling quickly. But I still stripped her down and changed her clothes and gave her lots of extra love and attention for the rest of the day. I'm sure she will have some nice blisters in the days to come. She is so tough. She only cried for a few minutes. Damn ants. Are they really that critical in the food chain? That was the only real drama for the day. Isaac washed his hair three times in the shower tonight. I just let him do it. Wasn't worth arguing about-truthfully I didn't have the energy to fight him. But it took a long time.

Thanks for reading...you are probably ready for bed now. You're welcome.

No comments: