Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Is it November?

I miss blogging almost everyday. Seems like blogging may be a form of therapy for me and I am in denial. So here is what I am going to attempt to do...this is crazy- and I am a little out of it today- but I am going to blog everyday for the next 30 days! This is not a commitment of pictures, just a commitment to blog. I make no promises on length, humor, or even decent content for that matter. Just want to see if I can do it.

So here goes...
Day 1- I took Isaac to his first gym class today without me there next to him to help, manage, monitor, or spot. He will be three next week so the gym is letting him start a little early, but he is totally ready. It is a sports class and today they worked on football- Sid will be pleased. He did surprising well with all of the skills...especially the skill of sitting and paying attention. So anyway, here's what kills me. So a mom walks in about 20 minutes late with her little boy and 5 mos old baby in the infant carrier...and talking on her mobile phone. She couldn't open the door to the building. So she stood outside for about 2 minutes talking on her phone. Finally she put the baby down and opened the door, still on her phone, the 3 yr old walked in, she held the door open with her butt and bent down to pick up the carrier. She managed to get everyone inside but then couldn't think to help her son with his shoes so he could go into the class. Finally she hangs up, helps her son and starts talking to the girl behind the desk. She explained she was on the phone with her mom who lives here in Raleigh. They see her or talk to her everyday. Really? I'm sorry, and like I said earlier I am a little out of it today, but the whole mobile phone obsession is out of control. When the phone is so glued to your ear that you cannot function as a reasonable human being then you have a problem. Yes, you really do. No one is that important; not you or the person on the other end. I would dare say she was talking on the phone the entire ride over in the car as well. And for those of you who know me, you know that I am totally against talking and texting while driving. I cannot even count how many times a day I think "idiot" ( I would like to say "idiot" but then Isaac will say it too) to a driver I see and then later see they are on their phone!
So that is all for today. Here are some pix.
Grace is playing basketball right now. She is on the Knicks. There are some great little players on her team. She is the youngest and lacking in skill but only b/c of age. Next year she will be right where they are. I am a little worried about this. Everyone is holding their kids back for Kindergarten it seems like and though academically I am not so worried I am begin to see a trend in the athletics. Wow- things have changed in the last 30 years.
Here is my little crew on Halloween. They collected over 10 pounds of candy. We sent it to our troops and the kids were really proud of that so there was no fight.
Here is my little angel in her new bicycle helmet...if we are all ever healthy enough and at the same time warm enough outside on a weekend to go for a ride!
Isaac did not quite make it into his bed for this nap. I tried to move him and he got mad at me. I did cover him up though.
Grace and Isaac on the dragon rollercoaster at the fair. We only went once this year. Next year I will drag them all a few more times. Kindergarten and morning naps put a damper on my NC State Fair routine for this year.


No comments: