Friday, November 12, 2010

Day #3- Daylight Savings

No pictures today. Sorry.
I just need to address the absurdity of DLS. I do think in 100 years people will look back to the "old days" when people changed their clocks twice a year. Let's be real. The days of saving a few bucks keeping the lights off because we have daylight instead, are long gone. I do believe the stat that the offset in air-conditioning expenses exceed the savings in lighting electricity. But mostly it is just the hassle that is ridiculous; for a month after the time change I will look at a clock in my home/car/watch and wonder if it is one I changed or forgot. Not to mention what a nightmare it can be if you have children.
It has been published that both car accidents and heart attacks increase the week following DLS. Isn't that reason enough to abolish the entire process?
Can't our government do one valuable thing and get rid of this ritual?
As my brother would say..."Just keepin' it real."

No comments: